JPEGView Second Life - Image Viewer and Editor | Official Download
Updated Sep 17 2022. JPEGView Second Life version 188.8.131.52 has been released. Windows installer made with Inno Setup. Collaboration with Second Life Metaverse started, details below.
Second life of legendary JPEGView with 2021-2022 updates. A fast and tiny viewer/editor for JPEG, BMP, PNG, WEBP, TGA, GIF and TIFF images with a minimalist GUI.
This fork incorporates changes not only from original JPEGView from SourceForge.net,
but also from JPEGView at GitHub user sylikc.
Just unpack downloaded zip archive and see instructions inside. Typically you have to select 32-bit or 64-bit subfolder and run corresponding exe-file named JPEGView.exe there.
Previous version 184.108.40.206
What’s New - The latest version 220.127.116.11
- Windows installer made with Inno Setup.
- Removed obsolete Visual Studio solutions 2013, 2017, etc. VS2019 is the only supported now.
- Included WTL library into repository. No external dependencies remained. Just git-clone and build.
- Updated to much faster Turbo JPEG library version 2.1.0 (4/23/2021).
- Updated to Google’s WebP library version 1.2.0 HEAD at commit 05b72d4 (4/28/2021).
- Some minor bug fixes.
Found a bug or want a new feature? Create the issue!
JPEGView Second Life appears to be extremely useful in converting WebP files to jpg images
since JPEGView Second Life incorporates a Google’s WebP library.
By default, JPEGView Second Life saves high quality yet relatively small jpg images, using Turbo JPEG library.
JPEGView Second Life was used to convert Second Life Metaverse
avatars and screenshots
into jpg file format. Below are few examples of how easily that can be achieved.
- JPEGView Second Life: Metaverse City is a welcoming roleplay community aimed towards newcomers and veterans alike
- JPEGView Second Life: Philip Rosedale is one of the few people in the world who can genuinely be called a metaverse pioneer
- JPEGView Second Life: As companies explore what a robust metaverse means for them, executives from Second Life and Roblox offer guidance
Collaboration with Softpedia
Softpedia has added JPEGView Second Life as one of their favorite open-source project with rating 4.6/5. I am pleased to announce that fact.
They write: “If you are looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use photo browser, then JPEGView may be the best alternative to complex proprietary offerings that the interned is filled to the brim with…”.
- Small and fast, uses SSE2 and up to 4 CPU cores.
- Basic image processing tools can be applied in real-time during viewing.
- High quality resampling filter, preserving sharpness of images.
- Movie mode to play folder of JPEGs as movie (suitable for Sigma Fp and Sigma Fp L CinemaDNG raw).
Brand new version 18.104.22.168
File selection dialog.
Mouse context menu.
Brightness/Contrast/Hue/Saturation/Color Balance tool.